Heart of GBP - The Charitable Side of Great Big Pictures
We have always been very dedicated to being the greenest printer we can be.
We also feel it is important to give back to the community. While our headquarters are in Madison, WI, we feel it is important to give to organizations which reach around the nation, and around the world.
Here are a few organizations we have given to in the last few years:
- Habitat for Humanity - Devoted to building "simple, decent, and affordable" housing, and addressing the issues of poverty housing all over the world.
- Special Olympics - The world's largest sports organization for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, providing year-round training and competitions to more than 4.2 million athletes in 170 countries.
- Easter Seals - Assists more than one million children and adults with autism and other disabilities and special needs annually.
- Second Harvest - Feeding America's hungry through a nation-wide network of food banks, and engaging the public in the fight to end hunger.
- Ronald McDonald Charities - An independent charity whose mission is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
- Gilda's Club - A community organization for people living with cancer, their families and friends.
- Make a Wish - Arranges experiences, or "wishes", to children with life-threatening medical conditions.
- Wounded Warrior Project - Veterans service organization that offers a variety of programs, service and events for wounded veterans of the military actions following the events of 9/11.
Our employees are just as dedicated to community improvement. Great Big Pictures' hosts regular Blood Drives for the Red Cross, Food Drives for Second Harvest, and have even done the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics, jumping in the icy waters of Madison, WI. (We even had our CEO join in!)
Some other great organizations we support include: Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, American Players Theater, Madison Country Day School, UW Foundation/ TandemPress, Wormfarm Institute, Opportunity Fund, Key West Botanical Gardens, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Best Buddies, International, Children's Aid Society, Thea Strong, SImpson Street Free Press, Mercy Ship, Young Survival Coalition, Animals as Natural Therapy, Kidsports, Shriner's Hospitals for Children, Idaho Foodbank, American Family Children's Hospital, National Kidney Foundation, Annie's Hope, Feeding America, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Boys and Girls Club, Boomer Esiason Foundation, Food Bank for NYC, Education Through Music, Starlight Children's Foundation, Student Conservation Association, Spin4Sruvival, Center for Independence, Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, International Crane Foundation, and the Zor Shrine Circus.